30-minute briefing: health and safety
Use this presentation to get all of your teaching and TA staff confident about their statutory health and safety duties. This briefing allows you to provide examples based on your own school context.
- Why health and safety is so important
- Health and safety risks in the classroom
- How to consider health and safety in curriculum planning
- Health and safety on school trips
- How to consider the health and safety of specific pupils
Note: select 'enable editing' to view the below downloads if the formatting is affected by your specific version of Word or PowerPoint.
Adapt the yellow highlighted part on slide 5 to include the name of your school's 'competent person'.
In advance, decide which of the images on slides 6 and 7 is most applicable to your school context and delete the slide you don’t want to use.