30-minute briefing: risk assessment
Use this presentation to get all of your teaching and TA staff confident about their statutory health and safety duties. This briefing allows you to provide examples based on your own school context.
- Why health and safety is so important
- How to manage health and safety in the classroom
- How to consider health and safety in curriculum planning
- How to manage health and safety on school trips
- How to consider the health and safety of specific pupils
Note: select 'enable editing' to view the below downloads if the formatting is affected by your specific version of Word or PowerPoint.
Adapt the yellow highlighted part on slide 5 to include the name of your school's competent person.
Use these facilitator notes as your step-by-step guide to preparing for and delivering this briefing.