30-minute briefing: manual handling
Use this presentation to help all of your staff feel safe and confident moving and supporting heavy objects. This briefing allows you to provide examples based on your own school context.
- What manual handling is and the risks associated with it
- What to look out for before they perform a manual handling task
- How to lift and move objects safely
- How to reduce the risk of injury
- Real-life scenarios that put what your staff is learning into practice
Note: select 'enable editing' to view the below downloads if the formatting is affected by your specific version of Word or PowerPoint.
Use these facilitator notes as your step-by-step guide to prepare for and deliver this briefing.
Download this handout of the briefing's key points, to share with staff.