30-minute briefing: medicines management
Use this presentation to get all of your staff confident about their duties in relation to medicines management.
- What your school’s duties are relating to medicines management, and what staff might be asked to do
- When to administer medication
- How to administer medication
- What happens if a child refuses their medication
- How to store medication
- Giving medication on school trips
Note: select 'enable editing' to view the below downloads if the formatting is affected by your specific version of Word or PowerPoint.
In advance of the session:
- Adapt the yellow highlighted text on the slide or in the facilitator notes (slides 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17)
- Decide if you’re using slides 7 and 8 (primary) or 9 and 10 (secondary)
- Familiarise yourself with your school’s medicines management policy or protocols
Use these facilitator notes as your step-by-step guide to preparing