Staff leave and absence
- Leave entitlements for staff Understand the statutory and additional leave entitlements of teachers and support staff.
- Managing staff sickness absence and attendance Reduce sickness absence among your staff by promoting wellbeing, making sure your policies are clear, and keeping on top of workplace hygiene.
- Return to work interviews: template and guidance Run positive and practical return to work interviews with this downloadable template, and read advice on how to prepare and what to cover.
- Sick pay entitlements: teachers Learn about sick pay terms for teachers, including who the Burgundy Book terms apply to and what they cover.
- Sick pay for support staff Find out about statutory and occupational sick pay for your support staff, including who's eligible, how much they can get, and how to calculate it.
- Staff leave of absence request forms: examples Find examples of leave request forms from schools to help you write your own.
- Staff medical appointments during school hours Staff are entitled to paid time off for certain medical appointments. Get clear on the rules and see advice from Acas and the ASCL.
- Staff sickness absence data See the latest national statistics on teacher sickness absence, and learn how you can benchmark your school's sickness absence data with that of other schools.
- Support staff: offering term-time holidays Be clear what you'll need to do to enable year-round support staff to take annual leave during term time, so you can create a more attractive job offering.