You are here:
How to run a working group to improve staff wellbeing: case study
Hardenhuish School's wellbeing and workload working group comes together to discuss practical solutions to discrete workload burdens, and implement new initiatives based on best practice. Hear how Jo Glossop, the school's assistant head, set it up and how you can too.
- In a nutshell
- A working group will help you get regular, honest feedback from staff
- Recruit a diverse range of people to form your group
- To start, build up your knowledge of best practice
- Encourage open conversation about the issues staff are dealing with
- Lots of ideas? Stay focused on solutions that will work for your school
- Communicate your progress to show that you're 'walking the talk'
- Starting a group is just one piece of the puzzle - what you can do next
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
Upskill your staff, any time, anywhere with CPD Toolkit.
The most effective way to deliver engaging virtual training to support the professional development of your staff.
Downloadable courses and 5-minute online summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating in-school, via video call or independently at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.