Things to consider
When rethinking your leadership structure, be aware of practical considerations and the specific needs of your school. For example:
- The size and type of your school
- Your position in a multi-academy trust (MAT), federation or partnership, and any staff-sharing involved
- The skill-sets of your staff
- Your school’s strengths, values and the school improvement plan (SIP)
- What you can realistically afford in terms of pay and staff training
- Your personal leadership style
These considerations should guide the shape of your senior leadership team (SLT) and your middle leadership structure. Not all leadership structures will suit all schools, and some may not be financially possible.
Find out about Teaching and Learning Responsibility (TLR) payments and the upper pay range (UPR).
Types of school leadership
In reality, a hybrid approach of the different structures