You are here:
Organising a cost-effective support staff structure
How can we organise our support staff structure in a cost-efficient way? We relay advice on this question from four of our associate education experts. We also include a case study from a school and a downloadable KeyDoc for calculating support staff salary costs.
- Employ a good school business manager
- Focus on roles rather than individuals
- Forecast costs: KeyDoc salary calculator
- Benchmark your spending
- Share staff with local schools
- Outsource some support staff functions
- Use TAs and HLTAs effectively
- Consider term-time contracts
- Consider fewer staff with higher skill levels
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.