You are here:
Organising a cost-effective support staff structure
- 1 Employ a good school business manager
- 2 Focus on roles rather than individuals
- 3 Forecast costs: KeyDoc salary calculator
- 4 Benchmark your spending
- 5 Share staff with local schools
- 6 Outsource some support staff functions
- 7 Use TAs and HLTAs effectively
- 8 Consider term-time contracts
- 9 Consider fewer staff with higher skill levels
- 1 download
- 4 external links
More from The Key
Covering a wide range of topics, including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.