Your school can decide to pay above the group range
There are 2 ways that headteachers employed under the School Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD) can be paid more than their headteacher group range:
- Setting their pay range above the headteacher group range
- Temporary additional payments
The 'relevant body' is ultimately responsible for decisions on leadership pay. The 'relevant body' is usually:
- Maintained schools: the governing board
- Academies: either the board of trustees or local governing body, so check your scheme of delegation to make sure
If your school doesn't follow the STPCD, consult your contracts and pay policies for details of how leadership pay should be determined.
1. Setting the pay range above the headteacher group
Pay ranges for headteachers shouldn't normally exceed the maximum of the headteacher group.
These circumstances might