You are here:

Calculating pay for term time only staff

Ref: 30290
Last updated on 17 May 2017
School types: All · School phases: All
In-depth article
How do we calculate pay for staff on term time only contracts? We relay a formula created by an experienced school business manager. We also look at calculating final pay for term time only (TTO) staff who have not worked a full academic year.

Article tools


  1. 1 Pro rata salary calculation
  2. 2 Final payment for outgoing TTO staff

Article features

  • 1 external link

More from The Key

CPD Toolkit video image 800x450

CPD Toolkit from The Key

From easy-to-digest 15-minute briefings to ready-made presentations and handouts, we’ve got everything you need to confidently deliver high-impact in-school training.

Download two resources as part of your trial:

The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.