You are here:
Teaching time in the EYFS, KS1 and KS2
How much teaching time should we provide in the EYFS, KS1 and KS2? It is for schools to decide how much teaching time to provide. We relay guidance on determining teaching hours from ASCL and a consultant headteacher, and look at examples of teaching hours set by schools.
- Schools decide how much teaching time to provide
- Recommended minimum teaching time for KS1 and KS2
- What counts as teaching time?
- Determining teaching time
- Increasing available teaching time
- Cutting breaks to increase teaching time
- Teaching times: examples from schools
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.