Awareness day resource hub: 2023/24
Looking to use awareness days to shine a light on a particular topic? Use our resources to help you plan these into your assemblies or curriculum each term.
- Have our assembly planner to hand
- 8 September: International Literacy Day
- 26 September: European Day of Languages
- 1 October: Black History Month begins
- 10 October: World Mental Health Day
- 16 October: World Food Day
- 10 November: World Science Day
- 13 to 17 November: Anti-Bullying Week
- Throughout: religious holidays and celebrations
Have our assembly planner to hand
Our assembly planner covers all of the topics you may wish to cover in assemblies, with a weekly schedule you can customise. Share it with staff to remind them what's coming up.
8 September: International Literacy Day
Get some fresh ideas: see how other schools promote reading for pleasure and encourage everyone in school to be a book-lover.
26 September: European Day of Languages
- Primary schools: use our deep dive questions to help you review your modern foreign languages (MFL) curriculum and spot an opportunity to celebrate this
- Secondary schools: use our curriculum audit tool to help you do the same
Get the conversation going: learn how to talk to pupils about race and racism Build your awareness ... share our reading lists for staff, so your team fully understands the issues ... and help your pupils build theirs: find out how to review and improve diversity in the books you have on offer to pupils Think