Internal assessment (primary) 6 articles
- Understand how to assess effectively in foundation subjects. Mix and match 6 assessment activities to help you, and see how a primary school has approached foundation subject assessment.
- Find guidance on how to assess reading, and examples of reading assessment grids from schools.
- As a middle leader, learn how to conduct effective moderation exercises to help teachers make accurate and consistent judgements of pupils’ progress. Use our templates to help you moderate reading, writing and maths.
KS1 assessments 4 articles
- Find out how the process works for KS1 and KS2, to help you judge pupils' progress this year and prepare to comply with your requirements for 2021/22.
- Keep up to date with the latest changes to Key Stage (KS) 1 assessments. Be clear on how to comply with statutory requirements and what to report to your local authority and parents.
- Prepare for KS1 SATs in 2022 with guidance on the types of access arrangements available and how to identify pupils that may need additional support.
KS2 SATs 7 articles
- Find out which pupils you need to administer the KS1 and KS2 grammar, punctuation and spelling (GPS) tests to and understand the format of the tests.
- Prepare for KS2 SATs in 2022 with guidance on the types of access arrangements available and how to identify pupils that may need additional support.
- Find out who decides which pupils participate in Key Stage (KS) 2 SATs, and get advice on how to work with and get buy-in from parents for the assessments.
Tracking progress (primary) 4 articles
- See how you can assess and monitor pupils' progress in maths using different resources.
- See what data you can use when monitoring the progress of vulnerable pupils, and find tools to help you track behaviour and wellbeing.
- Analyse the impact of your pupil premium interventions by downloading our tracking tool. Use it to help you make your funding go further, and to make sure your plans are impact-focused.