Examinations and qualifications 2 articles
- Get your head around access arrangements: how they work and when you need to apply for them. Understand how you might be involved, so you can effectively support pupils during their exams and make sure you comply with JCQ requirements.
- Exams are due to go ahead this summer with a return to pre-pandemic arrangements, but there are some changes to reflect the disruption pupils have experienced. Understand the current plans for summer 2023.
Internal assessment (secondary) 3 articles
- Once you've established the purpose of your internal assessments, use our list of questions to help you assess their quality.
- Find out how to effectively moderate teacher assessments. Develop robust processes to make sure your teachers are making accurate judgements of pupils' progress.
- Find out what good progress looks like in your subject. See examples of KS3 progression grids from a range of schools to help you develop your own. You'll also find links to grids published by subject associations.