Curriculum (all phases)
Deliver remote learning 31 articles
- Stay on top of remote reading to fully support any pupils who need to learn from home. Get tips from reading expert Alex Quigley on how to make sure all pupils have access to age-appropriate home-reading texts.
- The Department for Education expects all schools to use a digital platform to provide remote education for pupils who cannot be in school due to coronavirus restrictions. To help you meet this expectation, you can apply for DfE-funded support to get set up on a free-to-use platform: G Suite for Education or Office 365 Education. Learn what these platforms can do for you and use our impartial feature comparison to help you make a call, then apply for funded support.
- If you're thinking about switching your digital learning platform, compare Google and Microsoft's key features so you can make an informed decision about which to go for. Remind yourself what your current platform can do, and see if you could use it better when pupils are self-isolating or learning from home.
Structuring the curriculum 23 articles
- Alternative provision (AP) settings, including pupil referral units (PRUs), aren't required to follow the National Curriculum, but they do have to provide a good alternative curriculum. Find out what this includes, and see examples of curriculum offers from PRUs and AP academies.
- Learn how to make diversity central to your curriculum, not just a bolt on, and make sure BAME history and achievements are taught all year round. Use our review tool to question and adapt what you’re teaching so your curriculum accurately represents Britain's diverse past and the society we live in today.
- Get to grips with Bloom's Taxonomy, and see examples from schools on how to apply the principles in lesson planning and teaching.
Subject monitoring 7 articles
- Download our checklist to evaluate classrooms as suitable learning environments for pupils with SEND, including dyslexia, autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD). Learn how to arrange classrooms to maximise opportunities for all pupils.
- Download and adapt our checklist to evaluate the effectiveness of your subject or department. It's divided into the 2019 Ofsted framework judgements, and is designed to work alongside our curriculum evaluation tools.
- Follow our step-by-step guide to help you collaborate with staff to carry out your own subject deep dive, with a view to making improvements to your curriculum.