Curriculum and assessment (SEN)
- Assessing pupils working between the engagement model and the primary curriculum Get to grips with the requirements for assessing pupils working between the engagement model and the level of the curriculum. You’ll also find advice on assessment for these pupils outside end-of-Key-Stage assessments.
- Assessment approaches in special schools Get to grips with requirements and best practice for assessment in special schools. Learn from an ‘outstanding’ provider’s approach to baselining, assessing and analysing pupil progress.
- Curriculum planning in all-age special schools See how 3 special schools plan curriculum opportunities based on their pupils' needs. Get expert advice on medium-term planning and use our CPD Toolkit to help staff secure the best outcomes for pupils.
- Engagement model of SEN assessment Learn what the engagement model for pupils working below the standard of the National Curriculum assessments covers, and how to assess under it. Download our template form to record your observations during assessment.
- Special schools: curriculum requirements Learn about the curriculum requirements for different types of special schools. Find out whether special schools must follow age-related expectations, and if there is a set amount of time you should allocate to curriculum subjects.
- Work scrutinies for pupils with SEND: template Use our example questions to guide your thinking during a work scrutiny for pupils with SEND. Read our case studies to find out how 2 special schools triangulated evidence to get a picture of pupils' progress.