CCTV policy: model and examples
Use and adapt our model CCTV policy to suit your school's context. See examples of CCTV policies from primary, secondary and special schools, to help develop your own.
Download our model policy
- Is approved by Forbes Solicitors
- Is designed for you to adapt to suit your school’s context
- Takes account of relevant requirements and good practice
No requirement to have this policy
There's no legislation that says you need a CCTV policy, although you may choose to have one to set out how you'll use any CCTV cameras in school.
Under the UK GDPR, you will need to include details of any CCTV usage in your privacy notices where relevant, but these are the only documents it must be mentioned in.
Examples from primary schools
Maintained school in Barking and Dagenham
Hunters Hall Primary School has a CCTV policy with sections on:
- Location of cameras
- Storage and retention of CCTV images
- Access to CCTV images
- Responsibilities of the headteacher
- CCTV signage
Academy on the Isle of Wight
A statement of intent Monitoring procedures Access