Decide which non-statutory policies your school needs
Use our Policy Expert feature to:
- Decide which policies would be helpful, based on what other school leaders have found useful
- Get a list of other non-statutory policies, so you can find ones that may be useful in your school's context. This will help you to tackle any particular issues you're facing
Check if writing a policy is the best solution
Avoid creating unnecessary work for yourself by first looking at whether a procedure or set of guidelines could be just as useful.
- Do similar policies cover this information?
- Will the policy improve pupils' learning or their safety?
- Will it improve the safety of staff or others in school?
Use our flowchart to consider these questions and come to a decision.
If a policy is the best answer, use our step-by-step guide on how to develop a school policy to help you with this process.