Statutory policies and documents for schools and trusts
Download our list of the policies and documents you must have, so you're clear on any changes and can make sure you’re compliant.
Viewing article for:
Most recent changes
The DfE last updated its list of statutory policies in March 2022.
March 2022 update Maintained schools: RSE policy - added that non-maintained special schools are also required to have this policy (based on the RSE guidance) First aid policy - added that maintained nursery schools are also required to have this policy (based on the first aid in schools guidance) Equality information and objectives statement - added that maintained nursery schools are also required to publish this under regulation 4 and 5 of the Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties and Public Authorities) Regulations 2017 Designated teacher for LAC policy - the DfE has removed this from their list of statutory polices Exam contingency plan - added that governing boards can delegate approval based on clarification from the Joint
- "Do we need a policy on this?": decision flowchart
- How to develop a school policy
- How to review a school policy
- Non-statutory policies and documents
- Policy review schedule: template and examples
- School policies: consulting staff, unions and parents
- Statutory policies and procedures (EYFS)
- Which policies should trusts set centrally?