Absence and attendance
Absence data and expectations 5 articles
- Compare your school's attendance data to others locally and nationally, using our summary of the data and templates. Learn how the data is collected and how to make your own data tables using the DfE website.
- Pupils are persistent absentees if they miss 10% of sessions or more, and severe absentees if they miss 50%. Learn how to analyse your data, and see the national statistics.
- Parents have a legal responsibility to send their child to school. Read on for guidance on authorised absence and learn what to do if pupils aren't attending.
Recording attendance 1 article
Strategies for managing attendance 10 articles
- Get to grips with flexi-school arrangements. Find out what to consider before agreeing to a request for one and what to include in an agreement with parents.
- Get expert advice to help you improve attendance and behaviour in the sixth form. Read a case study to find out how a sixth form improved standards of attendance and behaviour.
- Learn how to approach initial conversations about attendance with parents, and who in your school might be best placed to have them. Use our discussion guide to help build staff confidence around keeping conversations positive and what active listening looks like.