Absence and attendance
Absence data and expectations 4 articles
- Compare your school's attendance data to others locally and nationally, using our summary of the data and templates. Learn how the data is collected and how to make your own data tables using the DfE website.
- Parents have a legal responsibility to send their child to school. Read on for guidance on authorised absence and learn what to do if pupils aren't attending.
- Find out if you can grant study leave and what you need to consider when granting it for pupils in year 11, 12 and 13. Plus, learn which absence codes to use, and whether study leave counts towards attendance figures.
Recording attendance 1 article
Strategies for managing attendance 8 articles
- Support pupils to improve their attendance with our template reintegration plan. Get guidance on how to work with the pupil and their family to create an effective plan that's tailored to the individual's barriers to attendance.
- Get to grips with flexi-school arrangements. Find out what to consider before agreeing to a request for one and what to include in an agreement with parents.
- Get expert advice to help you improve attendance and behaviour in the sixth form. Read a case study to find out how a sixth form improved standards of attendance and behaviour.