Encourage parental engagement through a parent forum
Parent forums are a way for schools to encourage parents to get more involved in school life.
They're informal meetings where parents come together to raise issues, be consulted on school policy and give their views.
You can use parent forums to:
- Learn about your school community and parental perspectives, context and history
- Raise school awareness of parental views that otherwise wouldn't be heard
- Consult on change, such as projects, policy proposals and local issues in the school community
- Triangulate governor, parent and staff viewpoints
- Gain support for school projects or goals
You might explore topics or issues such as:
Parent forums are informal and advisory. You aren’t obliged to act on what's discussed, but if you want parents to engage with the forum, it's best to show them you're taking the views