Pupil health and wellbeing
Pupil transitions and pastoral systems 5 articles
- Get inspiration from primary and secondary schools that have embedded the key ingredients of successful transition into their programme to help pupils get ready for the jump to year 7.
- Make secondary transition smoother and more consistent by collecting better quality information. Find out how 2 secondary leaders use a children's learning and wellbeing audit (CLAWBA) to help them provide the transition support that pupils need.
- Use these strategies and techniques to smooth pupils' transition from reception to year 1, and find out how EYFS practitioners and year 1 teachers should work together.
Pupil wellbeing 10 articles
- Find out what you need to know and do to support pupils fasting during Ramadan, including during exams.
- Share this guidance with your staff to give them confidence when talking to pupils of all ages about the war between Russia and Ukraine. Find out how to avoid racist and bullying incidents related to the events, and know how to support pupils with higher levels of anxiety.
- Get an overview of the tools you can use to monitor pupils' mental health and wellbeing, both at an individual and whole-school level.
School meals and FSM 2 articles
- Find out the eligibility criteria for free school meals (FSM), and learn about the transitional protections in place during the Universal Credit rollout period.
- Get to grips with Natasha's Law and allergen labelling requirements, including what's good practice for cake sales. Plus, understand what the food standards are, when your school has to follow them and how you can check that you're compliant.