Highlights from school evaluation and improvement
Self-evaluation forms (SEFs) 3 articles
- Updated Use our checklists to help you evaluate your school against the Ofsted framework. Download our template SEF, which includes Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and post-16 provision. Plan monitoring activities, plus see examples of SEFs from a range of schools.
- Download the Church of England's self-evaluation forms for the statutory inspection of Anglican and Methodist schools (SIAMS). Also see examples of completed self-evaluation forms under the 2023 framework from a primary school.
- Get advice on writing a subject leader report in primary school. See examples of subject reports from primary schools for core and non-core subjects.
Self-evaluation guidance 9 articles
- Download our template school self-evaluation schedule to help you plan tasks for senior leaders, middle leaders and governors throughout the year.
- See how to develop your own formula to measure the quality of teaching in your school. Also find a research report on effective methods of teacher evaluation, and how a MAT measures teachers' performance linked to pay progression.
- Read on for details of 8 key actions to take when evaluating your subject department, with tips from our experts on analysing results, conducting pupil voice surveys and creating an action plan.