You are here:
Differentiation: audit tools and resources
Download our audit to invite teachers to reflect on their use of differentiation in areas such as questioning, resources and tasks set. See if these examples of differentiation strategies could work for you.
Share our audit tool with your teachers
Use our tool to help your teachers reflect on their use of differentiation.
The audit asks about things such as:
- Which resources the teachers use, and if they have a range of texts at different difficulty levels available when using texts
- How they structure activities and tasks
- How they develop the use of key vocabulary and language so it's accessible for all groups, but also challenging where appropriate
- What questions they ask, and to whom
For each question, the teacher is asked to consider:
- Low attainers
- The most able pupils
- Pupils with special educational needs (SEN)
- Pupils with English as an additional language (EAL)
See examples of differentiation strategies
Differentiation strategies across the Key Stages
Sign up to receive Mike Gershon's free 'Differentiation Deviser', which has 80 examples of differentiation strategies, activities and techniques, across the Key Stages and the curriculum.
The Bell Foundation
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.