Download and adapt our skills audit for your TAs
Share this skills audit with your TAs to help them assess their skills, knowledge and confidence in key areas.
It includes sections on TAs' knowledge, skills and attitude, and has:
- Questions for discussion with TAs' line managers
- Actions to take for further development
- A section on working with pupils with SEN
To make the audit more manageable for your busy staff members, you could:
- Ask them to complete it 1 section at a time
- Choose a few important questions, based on your school's development priorities
You could use the audit to:
- Start discussions about setting actions to address their development needs
- Structure a CPD programme
- Inform future performance objectives, along with other evidence
- Build and update a skills database across your school or trust
Read guidance on developing a CPD programme and use our template to record your TAs' training and qualifications.