Adapt and deliver our briefing
Use this presentation to make sure all teaching staff (including TAs) are aware of their roles and responsibilities when it comes to SEND.
The briefing is adaptable so you can personalise it to your school's context.
- A summary of what the SEND Code of Practice says, and what this means in practice
- Teachers' and TAs' responsibilities under the SEND Code of Practice
- How to work with your SENCO
- How you support pupils with SEN in your school
- The 'graduated approach' and how this works
- The 4 main areas of need
- EHC plans, and what they mean for teachers and TAs
Please note that this briefing is designed for teachers and TAs. SENCOs and other members of the senior leadership team are likely to need a more detailed understanding of the SEND Code of Practice.
Please note that this briefing is for mainstream schools and isn't suitable for special schools.