Primary school example
Thorpedene Primary School in Essex has a class teacher job description on the Essex County Council website. The position is listed as main pay range (MPR) - upper pay range (UPR). The job purpose includes:
- Teaching a class, including planning, recording, assessing and meeting the social and learning needs of pupils
- Maintaining the positive ethos and core values of the school
- Demonstrating all the core teaching standards in everyday duties.
A list of more detailed duties includes:
- Supporting initiatives decided by the headteacher
- Maintaining good order and discipline
- Leading, organising and directing staff both in and out of the classroom
- Undertaking additional tasks as 'reasonably' required by school leadership.
Secondary school examples
Providing high-quality teaching that encourages and supports students Providing pastoral care as required and being aware of mental health and wellbeing