Teacher on the UPR: job description
See example job descriptions for upper pay range (UPR) teachers from primary and secondary schools, and read advice on writing your own UPR job description.
Primary school example
Thorpedene Primary School in Essex has a class teacher job description on the Essex County Council website. The position is listed as main pay range (MPR) - upper pay range (UPR). The job purpose includes:
- Teaching a class, including planning, recording, assessing and meeting the social and learning needs of pupils
- Maintaining the positive ethos and core values of the school
- Demonstrating all the core teaching standards in everyday duties.
A list of more detailed duties includes:
- Supporting initiatives decided by the headteacher
- Maintaining good order and discipline
- Leading, organising and directing staff both in and out of the classroom
- Undertaking additional tasks as 'reasonably' required by school leadership.
Secondary school examples
Providing high-quality teaching that encourages and supports students Providing pastoral care as required and being aware of mental health and wellbeing