You are here:
Resource hub: Staff wellbeing toolkit for line managers
Spot wellbeing challenges
- Learn how to run welfare checks for school staff - they can help you spot wellbeing challenges and provide effective support. Download our discussion guide to help you get started.
- Find out how to spot early signs of depression and anxiety, so you can help staff get the support they need.
- Coronavirus has created pressures on staff wellbeing and workload. Get practical tips on how to collect meaningful feedback from staff.
- See how Hardenhuish School develops practical solutions to staff wellbeing and workload challenges through its wellbeing working group, and how you can make this approach work in your school.
- If you've identified someone who needs support, an individual action plan may help them get the support they need. Find out whether this approach is right for your school, and download our resources to help you create plans for those who need them.
- Knowing what to do when someone is struggling with their mental health or wellbeing can be difficult, especially where confidentiality is concerned. Our guidance can help you identify appropriate next steps.
Develop a whole-school approach
- You'll provide more effective individual wellbeing and mental health support if you have a whole-school approach. Our expert guidance can help you develop your approach, and you can use our template to help you create a whole-school mental health and wellbeing action plan.
- Research from the DfE shows that staff feel better supported when they have opportunities for peer-to-peer mentoring and development. Find out how you can develop this in your school - coming soon!
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
Upskill your staff, any time, anywhere with CPD Toolkit.
The most effective way to deliver engaging virtual training to support the professional development of your staff.
Downloadable courses and 5-minute online summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating in-school, via video call or independently at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.