Do your research
You’ll need to demonstrate that you’ve found out more about the school between submitting your application and attending your interview.
They’ll likely ask you about the school’s priorities
- School improvement plan (SIP)
- Latest Ofsted report (if it's from the last few years)
- Any other development plans or priorities you can find on the school website
Prepare to comment broadly and critically on these. Think about:
- Which areas relate directly to the role you're applying for
- If there's anything missing and if so, how you can demonstrate that you can help them fill the gap
However, be sensitive when approaching topics such as poor results - you want to show that you can be part of the solution.
Understand and demonstrate the school’s ethos
If their school values statement includes diversity,