End of contracts
Redundancy and termination of contracts 3 articles
- Read advice on ending fixed-term contracts, including how to make sure your reasons for ending the contract are fair, and what to do if you want to end the contract early.
- Find out the statutory requirements for redundancy notice periods, and see how arrangements differ for teachers and support staff.
- New Redundancies may be a necessary step to manage your staffing budget or structure. Understand the legal framework around offering and accepting voluntary redundancy, and see our step-by-step guide on how to carry out the process.
Retirement and resignation 5 articles
- Exit interviews can help you find out why staff are leaving and could improve staff retention in future. Use our template and see example policies from a school and local authorities.
- If you're leaving your role as a headteacher, download our checklists covering exit and handover tasks.
- Find out how much notice teachers, headteachers and support staff must give in maintained schools and academies.