Roles, ratios and qualification requirements
Leadership roles 14 articles
- Understand the accounting officer's responsibilities, what happens if they're absent and where to access training for this role.
- Your trust must appoint an accounting officer and a chief financial officer. Learn who can fulfil these roles, how they’re different and what their main responsibilities are.For Trust Leaders
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a deputy headteacher in a primary school and which duties might be appropriate for a deputy head in your school.
Staffing ratios 6 articles
- The rules for staffing classes also apply for extended provision. Find out the staff you need depending on the age groups of your holiday, after-school and breakfast clubs.
- Get to grips with the staffing ratio and qualification requirements in early years settings, and download our summary of the rules.
- Get to grips with the rules on infant class sizes.
Teaching and support staff roles 10 articles
- Find out the rules on employing unqualified teachers, including who's eligible and what work they can do.
- Learn what qualification requirements you should use when hiring an HLTA, and how you can support a TA to step up.
- Understand the legal requirements for HLTAs delivering lessons and covering absence, and read advice on when and for how long your HLTAs should be used in this way.