Roles, ratios and qualification requirements
Leadership roles 13 articles
- Understand the accounting officer's responsibilities, what happens if they're absent and where to access training for this role.
- Your trust must appoint an accounting officer and a chief financial officer. Learn who can fulfil these roles, how they’re different and what their main responsibilities are.For Trust Leaders
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a deputy headteacher in a primary school and which duties might be appropriate for a deputy head in your school.
Staffing ratios 7 articles
- The rules for staffing classes also apply for extended provision. Find out the staff you need depending on the age groups of your holiday, after-school and breakfast clubs.
- Get to grips with the staffing ratio and qualification requirements in early years settings, and download our summary of the rules.
- Get to grips with the rules on infant class sizes.
Teaching and support staff roles 11 articles
- Find out what the requirements are for staff administering medicines to pupils at school, and what to do if you don't have enough trained staff.
- Unqualified teachers and support staff can lead PE lessons as long as other requirements are met. Read expert advice covering insurance, after-school clubs, and meeting Key Stage 1 staffing ratios.
- Find out the rules on employing unqualified teachers, including who's eligible and what work they can do.