Roles, ratios and qualification requirements
Leadership roles 13 articles
- Accounting officer: role and responsibilities Understand the accounting officer's responsibilities, what happens if they're absent and where to access training for this role.
- Accounting officer vs chief financial officer (CFO): role comparison Your trust must appoint an accounting officer and a chief financial officer. Learn who can fulfil these roles, how they’re different and what their main responsibilities are.For Trust Leaders
- Deputy headteacher (primary): role and responsibilities Understand the role and responsibilities of a deputy headteacher in a primary school and which duties might be appropriate for a deputy head in your school.
Staffing ratios 7 articles
- Extended services: staffing ratios The rules for staffing classes also apply for extended provision. Find out the staff you need depending on the age groups of your holiday, after-school and breakfast clubs.
- EYFS staffing ratio and qualification requirements Get to grips with the staffing ratio and qualification requirements in early years settings, and download our summary of the rules.
- Infant class size limits: reception and KS1 Get to grips with the rules on infant class sizes.
Teaching and support staff roles 10 articles
- Can unqualified teachers and support staff lead PE lessons? Unqualified teachers and support staff can lead PE lessons as long as other requirements are met. Read expert advice covering insurance, after-school clubs, and meeting Key Stage 1 staffing ratios.
- Employing unqualified teachers: requirements Find out the rules on employing unqualified teachers, including who's eligible and what work they can do.
- Higher level teaching assistant (HLTA): qualification requirements Learn what qualification requirements you should use when hiring an HLTA, and how you can support a TA to step up.