For all Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) settings
- The manager of the setting:
- Must hold at least a full and relevant level 3 qualification
- Should have at least 2 years of experience of working in an early years setting, or have at least 2 years of other suitable experience
- At least half of all other staff must hold at least a full and relevant level 2 qualification
- At least 1 person who has a current paediatric first aid (PFA) certificate must be on the premises and available at all times when children are present, and must accompany children on outings
'Setting' here refers to the provision as a whole. This means, for example, that in an EYFS setting with a nursery and reception class, the nursery and reception class are each part of the same setting.