There's no central list of required training or reading
The DfE doesn't specify a single list of what training your staff must attend. Requirements will depend on each staff member's role – see what's required in the section below.
All staff must read part 1 of Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE).
There are no further requirements on what documents and policies staff must read. However, we recommend that you share the following key documents with new staff, and make sure they're easily accessible throughout the year:
- Capability, disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Child protection policy
- Safeguarding response to children who are absent from education, particularly on repeat occasions and/or prolonged periods
- The role of the designated safeguarding lead
- Behaviour policy
- Data protection policy
- Health and safety policy
- Staff behaviour policy/code of conduct
- Whistle-blowing procedures
You may want to include this information in your staff handbook.
Download our list of mandatory training
Use our document to