Download our template
Adapt our template plan to meet your school's needs and to suit the age and interests of individual pupils.
In the plan you'll find:
- Prompts to help anyone working with the pupil to support their behaviour
- Space to provide a fuller picture of the pupil's personality
- A template behaviour log to record recent behaviour incidents
Our associate education expert Jeremy Bird helped us write this template.
Get help developing behaviour plans
Use our guidance to help you fill out the following aspects of the template above:
- Define the behaviour and the pupil's triggers - read our guidance on identifying the causes of challenging behaviour
- Positive behaviour strategies - find links to behaviour management resources that include example strategies
- Feel confident in applying reactive strategies - understand the rules on using reasonable force and look at school examples of positive handling and physical restraint policies
- Get guidance and a template to help you carry out risk assessments for very challenging behaviour
The Challenging Behaviour Foundation, a charity for people with behaviour challenges and learning difficulties, has also published advice on behaviour support planning.