You are here:
After-school clubs: getting started
Read our guidance on setting up an after-school club, including finance and business planning, use of premises, Ofsted registration, and staffing. You'll also find guidance on clubs that are off-site or run by third parties.
- Check the existing local provision
- Find out if there's demand
- Carry out finance and business planning
- Find the right premises
- Check if you need to register with Ofsted
- Consider staffing carefully
- Have the right policies and procedures in place
- Prepare resources and equipment
- If you choose a club run by a third party
- After-school clubs for EYFS pupils
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.