Step 1: decide what you're looking to survey
Surveys can help you:
- Decide your future school improvement priorities
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of your actions over the past year
- Show your local authority/trust, governors and Ofsted the impact of past school improvement objectives
Start by looking at your school improvement aims for this year, especially those identified in your last Ofsted report.
Discuss with your SLT too. Share our statement banks with them and see which areas they think should be surveyed (you'll find these in step 4).
Also think about the outcomes of your survey:
- What do you want the results to tell you?
- How do you plan to use them in your school evaluation cycle?
Step 2: decide who to ask and when
To decide who to ask, think about what you want from the survey, then which stakeholders are best placed to tell