Managing safeguarding 21 articles
- Updated Take a look at examples of safeguarding forms for recording child protection concerns and disclosures, from a local authority (LA) and schools. Plus, find template spreadsheets to download and use to track concerns and referrals in your school.
- Find out about home visits to check on pupils’ welfare, often known as safe and well checks or welfare checks. Understand your safeguarding responsibilities and which local agencies to liaise with.
- Use our checklist to help you make sure you're fulfilling the safeguarding and welfare requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework 2023.
Safeguarding checks and the SCR 14 articles
- Understand childcare disqualification, who it applies to and how to conduct a disqualification check.
- Read our one-page summary of the childcare disqualification requirements and download a copy to share with your colleagues.
- Find out what checks are required for governors, members and trustees, so you can make sure your school is compliant with the latest statutory safeguarding guidance.
Specific safeguarding issues 8 articles
- Learn how to manage reports of child-on-child sexual violence and harassment in your school. Use our risk assessment to help you with your next steps, and display our poster so all staff know what to do if a child makes a disclosure.
- New Find out who can make a Prevent referral, when and how they should do it, and what the process looks like.
- Use this article to find out who can pick a child up from school, and what you need to do to make sure they're safe. Read about how to make sure parents and carers understand your approach to collection, late collection, and pupils walking home alone.