Managing safeguarding 21 articles
- Take a look at example safeguarding forms for recording child protection concerns and disclosures, from a local authority and schools. Plus, find a template spreadsheet you can download and use to track concerns and referrals in your school.
- Find out about conducting home visits to check on pupils’ welfare. Understand when and how to conduct ‘reasonable enquiries’ into a child’s whereabouts before removing them from the school roll.
- Use our checklist to help you make sure you're fulfilling the safeguarding and welfare requirements of the 2021 Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework.
Safeguarding checks and the SCR 14 articles
- Read our one-page summary of the childcare disqualification requirements and download a copy to share with your colleagues.
- Understand childcare disqualification, who it applies to and how to conduct a disqualification check.
- Find out what checks are required for governors, members and trustees, so you can make sure your school is compliant with the latest statutory safeguarding guidance.
Specific safeguarding issues 8 articles
- Learn how to manage reports of child-on-child sexual violence and harassment in your school. Use our risk assessment to help you with your next steps, and display our poster so all staff know what to do if a child makes a disclosure.
- It can be tricky to know what to say and do when a pupil or colleague says something sexist or racist. Understand why it’s important to challenge these behaviours, and how best to react when you see them happen.
- There are no laws on who can and can't collect pupils from school, or the age at which children can walk home alone. It’s up to you to decide how you want this to work in your school. Use our article to help you.