Your governors should lead on developing your vision
Your governing board is responsible for developing your school's vision, but they'll need to involve you in the process.
- Makes sure that everyone responsible for the leadership of the school is on board with the vision
- Gives everyone a chance to develop a bond
- Increases the chance that the vision is realistic
- Helps distinguish school leaders' roles from governors' roles in achieving the vision
- Makes sure different perspectives and angles are included in the process
Your board will need to organise a workshop to develop your vision. This tends to run for half a day and will ideally take place in the summer term, once exams and reports to parents are out of the way.
If your school subscribes to The Key for School Governors, point your governors to our resources on:
Once you're happy with your vision, you will