How is a long-term strategic plan different to a SIP/SDP?
A long-term strategic plan will:
- Outline a top-level overview of the direction of your school improvement over the next 3/4/5 years
- Help you break down how you're going to achieve your school's vision
Whereas, a school improvement/development plan (SIP/SDP) will:
- Outline how you'll achieve part of that strategy across a 1/2/3 year period
- Include specific actions you need to take to meet your medium-term objectives
- Keep you on track for achieving your overall long-term strategy
You can get further details on the differences and learn how the two feed into your school improvement planning in this article.