What’s different about this feedback system?
- The senior leadership team (SLT) meets a small group of pupils from each year, every week, and asks them about their learning and wellbeing
- Rotating between different pupils each week means that the SLT hears directly from every pupil at least once over the course of every year
- The school uses this weekly feedback to make continuous improvements to learning and pupil wellbeing
It’ll work for you if …
- Your SLT can spare about 35 minutes each week
- You have enough SLT members to be able to meet pupils from every year group at the same time each week, with a ratio of up to 10 pupils per staff member
- Your school is a large primary, or secondary (in a smaller school you're probably already hearing directly from all your pupils anyway)
How does it work and what's the impact?
The SLT at The Marlborough Science Academy in St Albans: