SENCO action plan template
Download and adapt our action plan template for a special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO), created with help from our associate education expert Anita Devi.
Your action plan can support you with:
- Provision management
- Data tracking and collection systems
- The SEN report
- Meetings with the SEN governor
- Collating evidence for the national SENCO award
- Other monitoring and accountability purposes
Example of an action plan
Avanti Hall School, a free school in Devon, has a SEND action and development plan on its website (labelled "SEN Plan").
The plan makes use of recommendations from the Education Endowment Foundation's report into SEN in mainstream schools, and includes:
- Actions to be taken
- Named individuals leading on each action
- Potential costs
- Success criteria
Plan ahead with our SENCO planner
Our SENCO's year planner sets out strategic SEN-related tasks that need to be completed termly.
Use this to help you plan ahead for next term.