Senior mental health leads: training
Find out about the different training options available for senior mental health leads and how to decide between them.
The DfE encourages schools to identify and train a senior mental health lead to develop your whole-school approach to mental health and wellbeing.
DfE funding is available
The DfE is offering a £1,200 training grant for your senior mental health lead.
To access this grant you need to meet the following conditions:
- You did not claim a grant in the 2021 to 2022 financial year
- You must use the grant on DfE quality-assured training (see below)
- Your senior leadership team needs to give their commitment to implement a whole-school approach
- Your senior mental health lead must begin the training by 31 March 2023
Read more about:
- The conditions of this DfE grant, including which settings are eligible (most are)
- Senior mental health lead training
Use this model role description to help you recruit a senior mental health lead.
The Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools (the DfE quality