Contracts and conditions of employment for school staff
- Conditions of service for school support staff Understand who's responsible for setting the conditions of service for school support staff in different types of schools and how pay arrangements are determined.
- Conditions of service for teachers: the STPCD and the Burgundy Book Find out whether the School Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD) and Burgundy Book apply in your school and get an overview of the key requirements they cover.
- Continuous service Find a definition of continuous service, and understand whether it applies to a staff member who is moving between a maintained school and an academy.
- How to handle flexible working requests Find out how to confidently respond to any flexible working requests you receive. Download our request form to give to your staff, and learn what to do when you receive a request, and the reasonable grounds for refusal.
- How to make changes to an employment contract Be clear on what you need to do to change an employment contract, such as consulting staff members and putting the agreed changes in writing. Get tips on what to do if staff don't agree with your proposals, and learn how to minimise the risk of a legal challenge.
- Moving and sharing staff between schools in a MAT Get to grips with how to manage staff movement - whether it's sharing staff to plug recruitment gaps or creating flexible, cost-effective roles based across your schools.For Trust Leaders