Early career teacher (ECT) induction
- Early career teacher (ECT) induction: checklist Download our checklist to make sure you're following statutory requirements before and during early career teacher (ECT) inductions.
- Early career teacher (ECT) induction: deciding your approach There are 3 approaches to choose from to deliver early career teacher (ECT) induction. Read this advice to help you pick the best option for your school, including important factors to consider.
- Early career teacher (ECT) induction: performance management and pay Understand the types of formal and informal assessment you need to carry out during an ECT's induction, and actions to take if they're not progressing. Plus, find out about pay rises and appraisals after the induction periods ends.
- Early career teacher (ECT) induction: summary Read about your requirements and responsibilities for the statutory 2-year induction period for early career teachers (ECT)s.
- ECT induction mentors: who to choose and how to support them Induction mentors play an important role in early career teacher (ECT) induction. Read up on the best candidates and ways you can support them in their role.
- Newly qualified teacher (NQT) induction: performance management (pre-2021/22) Be clear on the rules you must follow for your induction programme for NQTs that started induction before September 2021.