You are here:
Staff induction: your step-by-step guide
Use our tips and checklist to plan effective staff induction that will ensure new employees buy into your school's culture and settle into their role well.
- Download our induction checklist
- Be clear about who will be responsible for induction
- Prepare beforehand
- Make sure induction covers, as a minimum...
- Provide important documents
- Mix conversation with materials
- Spread the induction out
- Ensure your sessions are varied
- Provide the member of staff with a 'buddy'
- Evaluate the success of your programme
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.