Open and close with some general questions
Use similar opening and closing questions as you would for other roles. Opening questions might include:
- Why have you applied for this job in particular?
- What strengths could you bring to the role?
Consider closing with:
- Do you have any questions for us?
- If you were offered the job, would you take it?
Ask questions about experience and knowledge
Questions for cleaners should cover their experience on the job. For example:
- How would you go about cleaning a bathroom or toilet? How would that differ to cleaning a staff room?
- What cleaning products do you usually use?
- Could you give me an example of how you would adapt your cleaning products for different surfaces or pieces of furniture?
- How regularly do you clean your equipment?
- How would you go about storing cleaning supplies?
Could you tell me about a time when you've worked as part of a