Teachers and middle leaders
- Early career teacher (ECT): interview questions Adapt and use these interview questions and record sheet, and see what to look for in a candidate's responses, to help you select the best candidate for the position.
- EYFS teacher: interview questions and tasks Adapt and use these questions, record sheet and interview tasks, along with tips on what to look for in a candidate's response, to help you select the best possible EYFS teacher. You'll find tasks that test both lesson planning and classroom skills.
- Head of phase/department: interview questions and tasks Use these recommended interview questions and tasks to help you select appoint a head of department or phase, including heads of sixth form. You'll find both role-specific and safeguarding questions, tasks that test presentation and data analysis skills, and guidance on what to look for in good answers.
- Subject leader (primary): interview questions Download these interview questions and record sheet to help you recruit the best person as a primary subject leader. Plus, get some pointers on what to look for in candidates' answers.
- Subject lead (primary): interview tasks Read our example interview tasks for a primary subject lead and what to look for in a good answer, to help you test candidates' skills and select the best person for the role.
- Teacher: interview lesson observation form Find out how to organise the task with minimal disruption to pupils' learning, and use our template observation form to assess candidates' skills in the classroom.
- Teacher: interview questions and tasks Download and adapt our example interview questions and tasks for a classroom teacher. You'll find both general questions and tailored questions for primary and secondary schools, as well as tasks that test lesson planning and classroom skills.