Interviewing and selection
- Holding an interview: template record sheet Use our downloadable interview record sheet to set out your questions and score candidates' responses when you're interviewing for school staff.
- Holding an interview: your step-by-step guide Know the rules and best practice for organising and running interviews for any role. Learn about who should sit on the panel, how to prepare your questions and how to stay compliant with discrimination law.
- Reference request for volunteers: guidance and templates You should seek references for volunteers to help check their suitability to volunteer in your school. Download our template reference request forms and get advice on what to do if it's difficult to get references.
- Reference requests for staff: guidance and template Check your procedures for getting reliable references meet the expectations set out in the statutory safeguarding guidance, KCSIE. Download our template reference request form and get advice on how long to keep copies of references for.
- Shortlisting candidates: template and guidance Download our shortlisting template to help you identify which candidates to invite for interview. Find out how to make sure your process is fair and that you shortlist the right people.
- Unsuccessful job applicants: template letters Download and adapt our template letters to inform candidates of an unsuccessful outcome during recruitment for a role at the shortlisting or interview stages.