Allocating departmental budgets
Find out about the different ways you can allocate curriculum budgets. Download our curriculum budget formula calculator and see case studies from different types of school.
Explore different ways you can allocate funding to curriculum budget holders and consider which would best suit your school.
Many schools use a combination of methods to allocate their curriculum budget.
Combining formula and bidding methods, for example, can help to make sure that there's money available to address extra expenses or issues. For instance, you could use a system whereby 60% of curriculum funding is allocated through a formula, with the remaining 40% open to bids.
Method 1: use a formula
You can use a weighting to account for these differences. For example, science, technology, and physical education might be given a higher weighting score than maths or English because